Help Keep Our Pregnant And At-Risk Patients Safe (COVID-19 Policies)
To our patients and their families
Your health is of utmost importance to us; we are open and keeping all current appointments. Much is not known on the risks to pregnant patients, and for that reason we are treating those that are pregnant with caution. Appropriate precautions to sanitize our office are always part of our daily procedures. Here is how you can help us keep this population and other at-risk patients safe.
- Stay home, if you have any symptoms of fever, cough, chest congestion or flu-like symptoms. Please call or use your patient portal to send us a message and we will provide direction.
- We ask that you reschedule your appointment if you have any symptoms, have traveled to any of the government known risk areas, or have been exposed to anyone with COVID-19 or the flu.
- Pregnant patients are considered to be at risk, therefore follow the CDC website guidelines and use caution when traveling.
- Please follow the Ohio guidelines and the CDC website guidelines and use caution when traveling. Travel is being limited by the government as well as large gatherings by the Governor of Ohio, in an effort to contain and reduce the spread of the virus.
- We are asking that you wear a mask or facial covering to all appointments.
- Currently you may not bring a family member with you. An exception is made for our pregnant patients. They may bring 1 adult with them to ultrasounds.
**Please check our website for any important updates**
If you have any other questions related to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) be sure the information is most current and accurate by going to these websites.
The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
From our Ohio Governor: