To our patients and their families
- Stay home, if you have any symptoms of fever, cough, chest congestion or flu-like symptoms.
- Our health care facility will ask that you reschedule your appointment, stopping you at the entrance, if you have any symptoms, or if you have traveled to any of the government known risk areas, or been exposed to anyone with COVID-9 or the flu.
- If you are suspecting you have been exposed or have the symptoms of fever, cough, and shortness of breath, do not come into the office instead please call or use your patient portal to send us a message and we will provide direction.
- Please follow the Ohio guidelines and the CDC website guidelines and use caution when traveling. Travel is being limited by the government as well as large gatherings by the Governor of Ohio, in an effort to contain and reduce the spread of the virus.
- We are requesting masks be worn at any visit to our office.
- Visitors are not permitted at this time. This includes significant others at any obstetrical appointment.
For more information
Everyone knows that using birth control gives a woman control over when and if she becomes pregnant. What you may not know is that there are some great birth control benefits that are beyond pregnancy prevention.
Whether you are planning to become pregnant or gifted with a surprise, taking prenatal vitamins will only benefit you and your baby. OBGYN Associates of Akron suggests these 4 prenatal vitamins you need in order to prepare your body for a healthy baby.
OBGYN Associates of Akron offers several minimally invasive robotic surgery options, but it can be difficult to separate the true difference between all of these highly-technical terms as compared to traditional surgical methods. Read on to discover what makes robotic surgery such an incredible treatment for your medical condition!
Labor and Delivery
This group class is best for mothers who have never been through the birthing experience. It’s instructional and includes how to know labor is beginning, what to do, what to expect at the hospital. It is led by a Labor and Delivery nurse at Akron General Hospital. All classes will be held over a ZOOM Meeting until end of year. Class date and times are as follows:
Classes are located at 605 N. Cleveland Massillon Road.
They are short classes, with a break, to ask personal questions to the instructor.
Please call 330-668-6545 to schedule or email Natalie@obgynofakron.com.
If you decide to vacation, visit old friends, or must travel for work, pregnancy shouldn’t stop you from flying or driving to your destination. As long as you are having a normal pregnancy and you have gotten the OK from OBGYN Associates of Akron, travel is generally approved and safe, but there are some caveats.
Endometriosis is an enigmatic condition that affects approximately 10% of American women during their reproductive years.
Do you wake up every morning thinking about preventing breast cancer in your everyday life? We seriously doubt it, but if you are someone with a higher risk for breast cancer due to your family or your age, maybe you should consider paying more attention to preventative strategies. There are some simple and specific changes you can make to help lower your risk for breast cancer.
Birth defects are more common than you may think. In fact, about 1 in 33 babies born in the US has a birth defect, according to the CDC.